Invisalign® | Invisalign® FAQs
Have questions about Invisalign® in Red Deer? We are a local Orthodontics specialist and can answer any of your questions. See below some of the most common questions we receive here at our Red Deer office.
What is Invisalign®?
Using 3D computer imaging technology, Invisalign® is a series of custom-made, clear aligners created specifically for you. These aligners are made of a smooth, BPA-free plastic that are nearly invisible, very comfortable and conveniently removable. Simply wear them throughout the day, and remove them when you eat or to brush and floss your teeth. As you wear each set of aligners, your teeth gently and gradually begin to shift into place.
- During your initial visit with Dr. Hucal or Dr. Edwards, they may tell you that you are a candidate for Invisalign®.
- An iTero® intra-oral scanner is used to take highly accurate digital impressions of your teeth. This allows Dr. Hucal and Dr. Edwards to digitally design your treatment, and therefore your customs aligners are specifically fabricated for you.
- Approximately two weeks after your digital scan, our office will contact you to tell you that your custom aligners have arrived!
- Start wearing your aligners! For best results you should wear your aligners for a minimum of 22 hours each day, throughout your entire treatment. Approximately every 2 weeks you put in a new aligner and every 6-8 weeks you come back to see us, to monitor your progress every step of the way!
Even though Dr. Hucal or Dr. Edwards can give you an idea on how long your treatment will take, please remember that treatment times vary and are as individual as you are!
How does Invisalign® work?
You wear each set of aligners for about two weeks, removing them only to eat, drink, brush, and floss. As you replace each aligner with the next in the series, your teeth will move — little by little, week by week — until they have straightened to their final positions. You may have to use rubber bands in combination with aligners to help improve your bite. You'll visit us about once every eight weeks to ensure that your treatment is progressing as planned.
Why would I want Invisalign®?
Not only are the aligners nearly invisible, they are removable, so you can eat and drink what you want while in treatment. Plus, brushing and flossing are no problem. They are also comfortable, with no metal to cause mouth abrasions during treatment. And no metal and wires usually means you spend less time in your doctor's office getting adjustments. Invisalign® also allows you to digitally view your own virtual treatment plan when you start so you can see how your straight teeth will look when your treatment is complete.
Will Invisalign fit my lifestyle?
Be yourself with Invisalign® aligners. Since they are clear, you don't have to hide your smile while going through treatment.
- You can remove your Invisalign® aligners, so you can brush and floss regularly, and keep your teeth and gums healthy.
- Time for a snack? No problem. Take out your aligners to eat or drink whenever you want.
- You can occasionally remove your aligners and enjoy a special night out.
- Invisalign appointments work with your schedule. Most visits are in and out, with a quick progress check once every six-to-eight weeks.